Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm trying to grow.

Do you ever just want to change? Change who you are, how you think, what you do, how you react to situations? I often do. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a self-perfectionist-- I'm always analyzing myself and trying to be better or to at least figure out why I am the way I am. Change is hard though. It's so easy to just go through the motions and not grow. To just live life from day to day without meaning or purpose- just a being going through the motions. I feel like that's what I've been doing for the last six months. I'm just existing. I'm not growing. I'm not changing... well, I suppose I am in some ways, but not in the way that I want to. I feel very stagnant and that makes me very dissatisfied with where I'm at in life. Recently though, I've been forced by some extenuating circumstances to toss my crazy schedule and change my life. I've had more time to think and self-analyze and have realized that I have quite a bit to change. I've been stagnant for far too long. I've been trying to grow more- there are some specific areas that have been needing improvement for far too long. I'm going to try harder. Hopefully it goes well.

P.S. I'm headed to Vegas this weekend with Jenni! I'm crazy excited and no doubt there will be a lot of self-analyzing! Jenni's my soundboard.

No comments: