Thursday, January 15, 2009
What if you could change the world?
Have you ever thought about that? We talk about that concept, toss the idea around of world change, and then usually it seems the consensus is that we really can't do much so we move along in our daily activities. But what if you could? What if you were given the power to make world decisions? Really what would you do? What would you change first? What do you consider to be the most pressing issue facing the world today? I'm interested in your insights. Where would you start?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I want to change the world more than anything else! and i think i do it every time i make someone smile, when i've taught a child a new thing and i look into their eyes and i can see that they've learned. even though, i wish i could stop world hunger and give everyone the opportunity to have an education, i don't have a magic wand! (i wish i was a fairy godmother someimes) I want to do good and make a difference. thats why i'm going to be an educator, and my dream is that i make a difference in at least one of my students! that i encourage him or her to improve and make a difference. Kristy you have changed the world, you are one of the most amazing woman i have ever met! u have made a difference in my life showing me once again that real people with real desires to change the world excist!! thanks for being u and for being a true friend!!!
Nataly! I love you tons! Thanks for your great comment! It inspired me as well. I love what you said about teaching because it is so true. When I was in Ghana I taught a kindergarten class- it was so hard, but I felt the same way. Seeing children learn is so neat and so miraculous. I think a lot of times we think that in order to change the world we have stop world hunger or do something huge. I have been a lot of places and have done a lot of things and I can testify that the world changes each day through those little things and through individuals who just do their small part. You'll be a great teacher and you will change so many lives! In doing so you will change the world! Thanks for being a friend and for caring! I love you tons! -Kristy
Post a Comment