Saturday, January 10, 2009

in 9 months... what?

I'm applying to grad school right now. Wow. I've never had such a stressful first week of school. I'm applying to Harvard, Johns Hopkins, George Washington, Georgetown, American University, Cornell, University of Denver, and Oxford. That's a mouth full. They're the only schools that offer my program- International Development. Well and Duke- but I decided that living in North Carolina is just not my thing.

It's weird to be in this kind of limbo. On the verge of starting another chapter of my life, but not knowing in the least where that chapter will begin. I know where I'll be for the next six months of my life... and then after that? No clue. Every decision in the next few months could drastically change my life forever. That's intense. What if I don't get in anywhere? Then what? What if I meet the guy of my dreams and he's in school here? I'm not applying to BYU. Complications. But is it really? Maybe where the Lord would have me be nine months from now is not where I think I should be. Maybe I've got the plan all wrong. Who knows? Hard to tell.

What I do know is that it will all work out.

No comments: